Harriet Tubman was born during the time of slavery, she became a freedom fighter who escaped from the wicked slave masters. Aunty Harriet even went back on many missions to free her people from slavery.
Aunty Harriet was an anti-slavery activist. She used the Underground Railroad to navigate slaves away from plantations. The Underground Railroad consisted of meeting points, secret routes and transportation. There were safe houses from people who helped free other slaves, they helped them get to the slave-free states of North America.
Aunty Harriet did so well helping slaves gain freedom that the United States Army used her as a spy during the American Civil War. She was the first woman to lead an armed expedition in the war.
Aunty Harriet is a true heroine! She is an icon of courage and freedom for her people.
The black History Activity Books stimulate the imagination and curiosity of the reader to use critical thinking and problem-solving to complete the books. This book uses a range of activities that cover the following:
• Maths (Counting, Number Order) • English (Spelling, Reading & Comprehension) • Geography • Visual Memory • Colouring • Drawing • Mazes • Dot to Dot • Spot the difference • Crossword • Word Search • Quiz
Out of stock
The Black History Activity Books have been designed to stimulate the mind of the read with fun activities. These activities exercise the brain and memory as well as a range of benefits that:
• Increases / Boosts
– Retention – Engagement – Emotional Intelligence – Observation Of Detail – Patience
– Critical Thinking – Cognitive Thought Processes – Hand-Eye Coordination – Communication Skills – Vocabulary (Language / Learning)
– Risk Taking – Focus – Right Brain Thinking – Following Instructions
– Positive Emotions – Stress – Hidden Emotions
There are no reviews yet.