This book primarily focuses on the life and times of The Honourable Marcus Mosiah Garvey. Uncle Marcus was one of the greatest Black Leaders. He believed that through self determination, economic empowerment and independence we can create our destiny and freedom.
Uncle Marcus travelled to many countries throughout Europe and South America. He noticed that wherever he went black people were treated worse than white people. So, he created an organisation to uplift and inspire black people called the United Negro Improvement Association (UNIA).
Uncle Marcus was a remarkable businessman and speaker. He used his influence and knowledge to build black pride and unity. His aim was for all black people to one day return to Africa and to build their lives in their place of origin. His teachings inspired many other leaders such as Malcolm X, Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela.
The black History Activity Books stimulate the imagination and curiosity of the reader to use critical thinking and problem-solving to complete the books. This book uses a range of activities that cover the following:
• Maths (Adding, Counting, Number Order, Multiplication) • English (Spelling, Reading & Comprehension) • Geography • Visual Memory • Matching & Sorting • Colouring by Number • Colouring • Drawing • Mazes • Dot to Dot • Spot the difference • Crossword • Word Search • Quiz
The black History Activity Books use a range of activities to help the learn in a fun and exciting way. These activities exercise the brain and memory as well as a range of benefits that:
• Increases / Boosts
– Retention – Engagement – Emotional Intelligence – Observation Of Detail – Patience
– Critical Thinking – Cognitive Thought Processes – Hand-Eye Coordination – Communication Skills – Vocabulary (Language / Learning)
– Risk Taking – Focus – Right Brain Thinking – Following Instructions
– Positive Emotions – Stress – Hidden Emotions